Friday, July 11, 2008

A Few Words From Ryder . . .


I am a very handsome boy and I'm very smart too! I love to play outside and will go to great lengths to stay out as long as possible. I just love the smell of green grass and flowers, the feeling of warmth from the bright sun overhead, and the delightful sounds of birds, bugs, and squirrels all around me. It doesn't matter that I can't see these things, because I experience them with my other senses. I'm the perfect age and I'm very sociable. I love to be around people - hanging out, going for long walks, snuggling, playing, just sitting quietly and enjoying each other's company. As long as people are around I'm a happy boy. In spite of all the cruelty and the hardships I have faced in the past, I still believe that I'm very lucky. I was rescued by some very nice people and now I have a safe place to live and I get lots of love and good food. Life has not always been kind to me, but I always greet each new day with a smile. I know that my forever family is out there somewhere and I'm going to have a big smile ready for them when they find me.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love you, Ryder, and have become so attached to you since you have been here. You are such a good boy, and such a clown. Your blindness is hardly a handicap for you - you are so smart and know your way around. Every day is a new day with your silliness and little Ryder antics. Love, your temporary mom Karen

Ashley said...

I just filled out an application for Ryder. I fell in love with this Handsome boy the moment I saw him! I know from experience that blind dogs have more fun! They don't know the meaning of the word Handicap! I have been thinking about Ryder since the day that I saw him! I know I was meant to find this boy! Now I am just crossing my fingers and waiting for you, Ryder!

Ashley